1. No need to install hardware as all connections are via the web.
2. Security is of utmost importance to Google. All print jobs use the secure HTTPS web connection. Once the print job is completed, the printed files are deleted from Google's servers. In addition, you can personally delete print jobs and their history by accessing the Google Print Management page.
3. In a single click, you can share printer access with friends, family, co-workers, etc. through the Google Print Management page.
How to Get Started with Google Cloud Print:
Before you connect, you will need the following items:
1. A Google Account - if necessary, click here to register.
2. Chrome Web Browser
3. Printer(s) - NOTE: The setup process will vary depending on what type of printer it is.
4. An internet-ready computer
Depending on the type of printer you are trying to print from, click on the link below to connect to the Google Cloud Print Service.
Connecting Your Cloud Ready Printer
Connecting Your Classic Printer
I use the Google Cloud Print Service extensively. You just can't beat the convenience! I constantly have colleagues asking how I am able to 'take' printed materials from the photocopier without having to wait. I am sure you will have a similar experience. Give it a try! Click here to get started.
This post originally appeared on The De-tech-tive 4 Teachers.
photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/irrezolut/3583546673/">irrezolut</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photo pin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/">cc</a>